[Tutor] Python and Oracle

Linda Kvam lindaik at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 27 14:04:06 CEST 2006

I have Oracle 10g and Python 2.4 on my PC.  I just installed cx_Oracle and
then entered - import cx_Oracle -in PythonWin and got the following error -

>>> import cx_Oracle
Traceback (most recent call last):
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I have XP Professional OS and in my Path, I have Python24 (where my python
executables are), Python24/Scripts and the path for oci.dll (Oracle's dll).
I installed Oracle's Developer Suite from a CD and I downloaded Oracle 10G
- so I'm not sure if I have Oracle Client - I think I have to do something
on the Oracle side but I'm not sure what.

When I installed cx_Oracle, 2 files were added to my directory Python24 - I
have attached the log file for your information - I know the
removecx_oracle works because I have run it.

Any hints or ideas you have will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Linda Kvam
lindakvam at lynxconsulting.us