[Tutor] Can anyone teach me...?

Scott Oertel me at scottoertel.info
Thu Oct 13 09:38:21 CEST 2005

luke p wrote:

> nathan,
> there are a few GUI options available to you.
> the one that is bundled with the python installation is TKInter.
> that's an "i" not an "L".
> you can also use the python interface for WxWindows, I forget what
> it's called.
> anyway,
> TKInter looks fairly nice, some say it doesn't have the windows "feel"
> to it as much as WxWindows
> but who really cares because it's pretty easy to learn etc.
> There's a tutorial somewher eon the web written by some New Mexico
> thing I'm not sure
> but I have to run to class so I can't look it up.
> anyway,
> Give google a workout and learn as much as you can on your own.
> I don't think you should ask any questions that you could solve yourself,
> or you may aggravate the list.
> so try as much as you can and then if you get stuck ask someone.
> Go for TKInter I think you'll like it.
> Alan Gauld might have a tutorial for TKInter, you could check that out
> too.
> good luck.
>

> On 10/12/05, *Nathan Pinno* <falcon3166 at hotmail.com
> <mailto:falcon3166 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey all,
>
>     When I said that I might go to Visual Basic in an earlier message,
>     someone replied by saying that I should ask here how to do it in
>     Python. Well, I'm asking now: Can anyone teach me how to make a
>     simple program that uses a GUI?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Nathan Pinno
>     Crew, McDonalds Restaurant and fan extraordinare of the Oilers.

I've tried ALL the available options for creating GUI's with python, or
so I believe I have :)

right now I am finding that using PythonCard is the best solution for
me, it's still a little bit rough around the edges but it make working
with wxPython really simple, and things I cannot accomplish with
PythonCard I  can go back to using wxPython instead. Boa constructor
always crashes on me in linux, on windows it's nice, but I make one
small change in the code and boaconstructor will freak out and not be
able to read anything.

that's just my experience.

-- scott oertel
gawr.com :)