[Tutor] Python won't play .wav file

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Thu May 26 10:08:18 CEST 2005

> And if I'm on Linux or programing for Mac?

Sadly sound is one of those things that tends to be
system dependant. There is a Sun audio module somewhere too...
On the Mac I believe its a Quicktime thing using the MacPython
libraries.

The good news is that I think PyGame provides a platform independant
sound capability so I'd recommend that route, although I've never
used it. In fact, come to think of it, in my 30 years of programming,
sound is one of the few things I've never, ever worked with!
(I once built a midi player on Windows using the Delphi player
control but that hardly counts!)

Alan G.