[Tutor] Make a .exe

David Holland davholla2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:26:40 CET 2005

I have a game I wrote using python and pygame that I am trying to change into a .exe
I created the script setup.py which has this code :-

setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(console=["Gamename.py"])
In a dos prompt with all the files there I ran :-
python setup.py py2exe
It Completed with these errors :-
The following modules appear to be missing {'AppKit',
'Foundation', 'objc'] but  the  game.exe was created
However when I try to run it I get
                                                                                                                                                                     &nb sp;                                                                                 File "livewires3\games.pyc", line 585 in init_text
File "livewires3\games.pyc", line 585 in init_text
Fatal Python error: <pygame parachute> Segmentation
Fault.
Livewires3 is a modified version of a pygame
wrapper. http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/ is where the
original is.
The book I used to learn python "python programming
for the absolute beginner" has a modified version of
this with some functionality added and taken away.
I modified the wrapper so that has the functionality
of both wrappers.

Any ideas about how to fix it ?
Thanks in advance
David