[Tutor] More and more OT - Python/Java

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 00:30:24 CET 2005

XML, XPath, XML Schema all have basic tutorials at www.w3schools.org

Out of curiosity, how does a node function in a DOM? I'm not very good
at manipulating DOM's, I can do the basics, mainly by passing object
IDs to JS functions, which feels like cheating.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:57:02 -0500, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos wrote:
> > I have not been able to find any recent XML/Python tutorial on the
> > web.
>
> There is a Python and XML topic guide at python.org
> http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/
>
> Uche Ogbuji writes regularly about Python and XML for xml.com
> http://www.xml.com/pub/au/84
>
> Does the xml.dom library have a XPath and XQuery or any SQL-like
> > support? I've understood that it's a pretty basic library...
>
> My impression is the built-in stuff is pretty basic. If you want to use SAX and DOM for XML in
> Python, the 4Suite add-on is pretty standard.
> http://4suite.org/index.xhtml
>
> I've also heard good things about libxml2; it includes XPath support
> http://xmlsoft.org/python.html
>
> IMO Fredrik Lundh's ElementTree package is the easiest way to work with XML from Python. It supports
> a subset of XPath and he has just released a compiled C version
> http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm
>
> Kent
>

> > Thanks,

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.