[Tutor] Latex from docstrings

Stuart Murdock s.e.murdock at soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:31:30 CEST 2004

Hi

I have lots of Python code which is well commented (docstrings) and I
want to create a reference manual for this code using latex.

I need to include the Python docstrings in my latex document. The
trouble is that most of the document generators produce (pydoc etc.)
the documentation in a way which I find difficult to include in latex
i.e. the documentation generators produce pdf or html quite
easily. Are there any documentation generators out there which produce
latex files, or can anyone see a nice solution to my problem?

The extract_doc.py package seems to be on the case but they dont seem to
have implemented the latex flag yet.

http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/extract_doc.html

*-l, *--latex**
    Generate LaTeX for the Python LaTeX documentation system. Not yet
implemented.

Thanks for your help

Stuart

--