[Tutor] Where to learn def's

Adelein and Jeremy adeleinandjeremy at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 17:31:24 EDT 2004

--- K J <game at gameweave.com> wrote:
> I was wondering where the best tutorial on the net would be to
> learn def
> functions.  I am having trouble learning them.

I think I saw this before somewhere....

Have you tried http://www.defjam.com?

What sort of trouble are you having? How old are you? Are you taking
a class that requires Python? Are you learning on your own? Have you
programmed before (in other languages)? How can anyone help you if
you don't explain what your real problem is?

One trouble it seems you are having is teminological confusion. def
is not a type of function - it is a python keyword which denotes a
function definition. Perhaps you mean to distinguish between built in
or library functions and user-defined functions?

No one could possibly answer this without knowing your circumstances,
but I'll lay money that you will find the answer among the links
scattered around http://www.python.org.

- Jeremy