[Tutor] Re: SwishE web interface

Lloyd Kvam pythonTutor at venix.com
Tue Jun 8 13:19:35 EDT 2004

If the printing is simply to help with debugging and planning the next
step, the pprint module (Pretty Print) should help do the trick nicely.

If you need to provide the formating, then you should be learning the %
format operator.  Also, the method for combining a list of strings into
one new string is surprising when you first encounter it.

If you called the list that was returned result_list,
	print '\n'.join(result_list)
would:
	combine each of the items from result_list into one new string
	while inserting a newline ('\n') character between each item
	output the new string to stdout
	print would provide a final newline character

Warning: The str.join method requires that each item in result_list is a
string (or unicode) object.

--

Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.