[Tutor] SwishE web interface

Glen Wheeler gew75 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:09:53 EDT 2004

  Hi Reed,

  Not exactly sure what you're asking, but would this help?

 def search(searchWords):
      # make sure the user provided all the parameters
      if not (searchWords):
          return " Nothing to search for. Nothing Found."

      handle = SwishE.new('/usr/local/swish-e/index.swish-e')
      search = handle.search('')
      results = search.execute(searchWords)
      allHits = []
      while (hits = results.hits()):
          allHits.append(hits)
      return allHits

  Then you'd have a list with all the _.hits() in it?  If there is more than
one `hit' to return, then there must be some way of terminating the loop, so
I have just assumed that each call to hits() is similar to pop() -- takes
the current hit off the top and deletes it from the list.
  Sorry that I can't be any more use, I've never used SwishE before.

  Glen