[Tutor] taking Python to next level

Magnus Lyckå magnus at thinkware.se
Sat Jul 17 13:27:52 CEST 2004

At 19:12 2004-07-16 -0700, Christopher Spears wrote:
>I completed an online course a few months ago that was
>a pretty good general introduction to Python.  I want
>to take my Python programming to the next level and
>start tackling more advanced programming topics.  The
>book used for the online class was "The Quick Python
>Book" by Harms and McDonald.  I downloaded "Dive Into
>Python" and might starting reading that.  Any suggestions?

A few good paper books are "Python in a Nutshell" and
"Python Cookbook". Depending on where you are heading,
there are other books such as "Python Web Programming"
or "Text Processing in Python" you might want to read.

Text Processing in Python can be found on-line at
http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/

Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus at thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se
I code Python ~ The Agile Programming Language