[Tutor] Python 2.4 IDLE Windows 2000

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 20 20:36:31 CET 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Jacob S. wrote:

> I think I'm going to burst out in tears. Mike Hansen gave the solution
> to the very problem I'm having, yet, when I used the console version and
> deleted the custom color theme, it stopped giving me error messages, but
> it still won't start up without the console.
>
> I'm am still stunted of my python 2.4 experience.

Hi Jacob,

Mike's bug submission into Sourceforge is getting attention; it's bug
1080387:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1080387&group_id=5470&atid=105470

I'm still concerned, though, about your case, since you're saying that
there are no error messages, but it's still not starting up from the icon
in your Start menu.

There should be a '.idlerc' directory in your home directory; can you try
moving or renaming it somewhere else temporarily?  Afterwards, try
starting IDLE.

But don't wipe that '.idlerc' out yet, because if it turns out that this
actually works, then we should take a closer look at the .idlerc
directory, and send it off to the bug hunters.

Good luck to you!