[Tutor] Re: The best website to learn Python?

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Thu Aug 12 19:45:47 CEST 2004

Kevin wrote on Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:38:43 -0400:

Hi Kevin,

> Well I am a complete newbie to programming of any kind. I had downloaded a piece of python code and took a look at is (a game to be exact). I took a look at the code and just decided that I would like to try and learn python so that I could create my own game someday. The question I have is what is the best python related site for the complete newbie to learn from? I have looked at python.org but it seems a little over the top. I would like to start with something that explains everything in detail.

Have a look at the links on:

http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

I particularly liked "Learning to program", "How to think like a computer
scientist" and "Dive into Python" (the last one is not really for beginners
I think), but there are lots of good tutorials linked on that page - you're
bound to find something that suits your way of thinking/learning.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====