[Tutor] 2nd Python Book

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Mon Oct 20 21:30:40 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, John Duarte wrote:

> I have seen recommendations for a first Python book, ie Alan Guald's Learn to
> Program Using Python, and Lutz & Asher's Learning Python. (Which are both
> terrific books!)
>
> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a '2nd book'.

I like Martelli's "Python in a Nutshell" as a second book.  It bridges the
gap between typical instruction and reference quite well.

Some like Lutz's "Programming Python," but I found it completely
frustrating; but that might just be me.  As I said, others do like it.

For a third book, I like the Python Cookbook.

--
Terry Carroll
Santa Clara, CA
carroll at tjc.com