[Tutor] a neewbie at python

Khai Nguyen knguyen@seri.co.uk
Thu May 8 12:07:02 2003

Dear Ellen,

You are lucky that your prof ask you to do this in Python.  Like Danny
has said you can work through this assignment in max. a week by reading
3 or max 4 basic chapters of a python tutorial. Go to www.python.org
download the one tutorial called Python for non-programmer.

Even more you can write GUI application immitate a calculator in less
then a day as a beginner to any programming stuff.  Don't even think you
can do it in what ever PASCAL, FORTRAN, C or C++ in such a short time.
You will be surprise what this language can do.

bye

-----Original Message-----
From: UCT Student - BNDELL001 [mailto:BNDELL001@mail.uct.ac.za]=20
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:02 AM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] a neewbie at python

Hello guys.
I am a neewbie at python programming and I am also a first year student
doing EEE103W and we use python.We were told to write a program`that
works as a calculator which does simple arithmetic operations like
+,%,/,* and -. The example our lecturer gave was that if we run our
programme as python "name of programme" 23.4 + 17.5
 the output shoud be 40.9.

I have no idea what to do so can you please advise me guys coz I am
afraid of failing my June exam as I have never done python before. Thank
you,Ellen.