[Tutor] Curiosity question(s) here ... how many of you folks are using python in your day-to-day work environment and ...

Gus Tabares gus.tabares@verizon.net
Tue Jun 3 11:59:34 2003

Dirigo,

	I am currently using Python at work to created many automated testcases
that we can reuse to simplify the test process. Simple things like basic I/O
that are just too trivial to do on a daily basis. Python is superb in the
fact that it is cross-platform (we use it for mainly Win* and OS X) and the
syntax is clean and easy to understand.

HTH,
Gus

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-admin@python.org [mailto:tutor-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of
Dirigo
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 9:19 AM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] Curiosity question(s) here ... how many of you folks
are using python in your day-to-day work environment and ...

for what sort of applications?

I don't need a detailed listing, but would like to get a feel for how
popular python is overall and what it is being used for.  I recently
read a presentation that seemed to indicate python ranked about 5th or
6th in usage of Open Source Software (I will have to double check that
I'm correct about this).

Also, when should I capitalize "python"?  ;>))  Obviously ... at the
beginning of a sentence, but ... I go back and forth when I start to
type "it" within the body of text.  ;>))

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dirigo