[Tutor] capturing screenshots

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Thu Jan 23 04:41:02 2003

At 17:49 2003-01-22 -0500, Jmllr891@cs.com wrote:
>I have been looking for ways to capture screenshots using Python, but I
>have found nothing to help me. I have taken a few looks at the 'os'
>module, but couldn't find anything that looked helpful, although I
>probably missed something. I have tried to find what I need by searching
>Google and the Python tutor archive several times, but to no avail.

Look at Fredrik Lundh's stuff. He's the main imaging wizard of
Pythondom. He's the guy who's behind the weather maps we see on
TV here in Scandinavia, and his skills go further than weather
forcast imaging.

http://www.effbot.org/downloads/index.cgi/grabscreen-1.0-20010426.zip

As far as I understand from the docs, this grabscreen stuff should
be included in PIL now, but I didn't get it to work without this
separate download.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN