[Tutor] capturing screenshots

Jmllr891@cs.com Jmllr891@cs.com
Wed Jan 22 17:49:01 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2C23E.AE8F8F40

I have been looking for ways to capture screenshots using Python, but I have=
 found nothing to help me. I have taken a few looks at the 'os' module, but=20=
couldn't find anything that looked helpful, although I probably missed somet=
hing. I have tried to find what I need by searching Google and the Python tu=
tor archive several times, but to no avail.

I'm not looking for a direct answer, just a hint at what I would have to do=20=
to capture screenshots in Python. Would I need to do something like simulate=
 a key press (if that's possible) or is there a function or module somewhere=
 that I'm just not aware of yet?

Also, I'm trying to accomplish this in Windows.

Thanks for the help,
Joshua Miller

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2C23E.AE8F8F40

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have been looking for ways to capture scr=
eenshots=20
using Python, but I have found nothing to help me. I have taken a few looks=20=
at=20
the 'os' module, but couldn't find anything that looked helpful, although I=20
probably missed something. I have tried to find what I need by searching Goo=
gle=20
and the Python tutor archive several times, but&nbsp;to no avail.</FONT></DI=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm not looking for a direct answer, just a=
 hint at=20
what I would have to do to capture screenshots in Python. Would I need to=20
do&nbsp;something like simulate a key press (if that's possible) or is there=
 a=20
function or module somewhere that I'm just not aware of yet?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, I'm trying to accomplish this in=20
Windows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for the help,<BR>Joshua=20
Miller</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2C23E.AE8F8F40--