Assign long integer (was: [Tutor] Calculating a math formula and finding errors)

Jens Kubieziel maillist@kuwest.de
Wed Jan 15 16:53:09 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 03:22:07AM -0800, Danny Yoo wrote:
> def factorial(z):
>     assert z >= 0, "Invalid input: z must be nonnegative."
>     if z == 1 or z == 0:
>         return 1
>     else:
>         return z*factorial(z-1)

I still try to improve above mentioned function and want to extend this
for long integers. I read that I can do this by adding an "l". But how do
I do this with variables?
If I'd write zL it is like a new variable. So must be another way.
--
Jens Kubieziel                                  mailto:jens@kubieziel.de
Mut ist oft Mangel an Einsicht, waehrend Feigheit nicht selten auf