[Tutor] Fixed freezing problem, have new one (fwd)

Don Arnold Don Arnold" <darnold02@sprynet.com
Sun Jan 12 16:44:07 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ahimsa" <ahimsa@onetel.net.uk>
To: <tutor@python.org>
Cc: "Danny Yoo" <dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Fixed freezing problem, have new one (fwd)

> On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 20:42, Danny Yoo wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Let me forward this to the whole Tutor list; I think you sent a reply
just
> > to me when you actually meant to do a "reply to all".  The questions
> > you're asking are very much on topic.
> >

> > I'll try doing a real reply after lunch... *grin* Talk to you later!
>
> Great - I look forward to it. Thanks for making the effort.
>
> All the best
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> ahimsa <ahimsa@onetel.net.uk>

Danny's replies are always worth waiting for, so I'll steer clear of
commenting on the code itself. But to answer a question from one of your
other mails:

"... why would you need to know the number of sides on a die ...? ...
doesn't the number of
sides on a dice stay constant (as in 6)?"

Though 6-sided dice are the norm, 4, 8, 10, 12, and 20-sided ones (among
others) exist and are commonly used in pencil-and-paper roleplaying games.

Geekily yours,
Don