[Tutor] [slightly ot]python, web servers, and learning cgi

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at comcast.net
Wed Aug 27 18:26:25 EDT 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 12:52, Alan Colburn wrote:
> I'd like to start learning about how to write
> web-based Python scripts. My campus server, however,
> will not support Python--just Perl and CGI. So, I'm
> assuming my best option is to run a small server from
> my (WindowsXP) desktop. The rest of my web site will
> remain where it is, and I'll simply link to the
> scripts running of my desktop; only the script based
> pages will run off the desktop. I only anticipate
> needing the scripts during select parts of the
> academic year. The rest of the time the desktop-based
> server does not need to be on.

Or you could just code it up in perl .......

Yeah I know, we all like Python.  But sometimes you have the choice between
getting the job done and not.

Or you could always ask them to install Python.  It is dirt easy since usually
the admin can just install a package made for their system.  Takes about as
long to install as it does to download.