[Tutor] Windows software reporting

Branimir Petrovic BranimirP at cpas.com
Fri Aug 8 17:25:48 EDT 2003

Have a look at project that does exactly that but is unfortunately done all
in JScript (except one lone VB script class):

	http://poormanssms.sourceforge.net/

If it for any reason you can not/will not use this already done tested
and working solution, then have a look at SoftwareMeteringCLS.vbs either
among project files or here:

	http://www.interclasse.com/scripts/SoftwareMeteringCLS.php

to see how to do it, then use the "right tool for the right task"...

Be warned though that should you base your solution on WMI (and DCOM) as
I did with mine, you might eventually be in for unpleasant surprise sooner
or later (hint: late RPC DCOM vulnerability and ill fated MS03-026 security
patch... I have little doubt that M$ will not manage to mess up either WMI
or the DCOM on which it relies on security grounds if not for any other).

Branimir