[Tutor] python22

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 6 18:36:17 EDT 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 11:49 am, Seyed Fard wrote:
> Hello.
> I have python22 installed.
> I am able to use IDLE (GUI) to RUN SCRIPTS.
> I can also RUN saved files from a MS DOS command line window.
> I don't know what the PYTHON(command line) window that is available in
> PYTHON22 drag down menu used for. when I open this command line it starts
> with >>> and I can not run saved programs with it.how this command line
> used?
> thank you

The interactive prompt can be used for testing out functions and the like
before inserting into your program.  You can define and then call a function
from the interactive prompt, whereas if you were coding a program in a text
editor, you would have to save it and run it just to see if your function
worked.  At least, that is what I use it for.

--
Todd Stephens