[Tutor] python22

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Aug 6 16:15:11 EDT 2003

At 11:49 AM 8/1/2003 -0400, Seyed Fard wrote:

>I have python22 installed.
>I am able to use IDLE (GUI) to RUN SCRIPTS.
>I can also RUN saved files from a MS DOS command line window.
>I don't know what the PYTHON(command line) window that is available in
>PYTHON22 drag down menu used for. when I open this command line it starts
>with >>> and I can not run saved programs with it.how this command line used?

This gives you the interpreter in interactive mode. You can type statements
and expressions and get immediate results. You can import scripts, and if
they are not restricted to running under if __name__ == '__main__' they
will execute just as if you had RUN them from a MS DOS command line window.

Do read up on import to understand all the ramifications.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625