[Tutor] Limit Quoting please!

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Mon Oct 28 09:42:02 2002

I think excessive quoting is getting worse here...

Could the tutor posters please, please, pretty
please follow the well established netiquette
for mailing lists.

Don't include quotations that aren't needed to
understand your question or answer. I'm not
going to reply to such email, and I doubt that
many others will bother. I'm sure no harm is
intended, but why should I have to scroll down
page after page to find a question? Why should
internet searches be obscured by quotes of the
same messages occuring time over time? Harm is
being done by the excessive quoting.

If you don't get replies from this helpful mailing
list, please ask yourself: "Am I doing something
wrong?" Then please read something like
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/dis.html
or http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

I'm sure it will help you in your future electronic
communication.

List Admin: Is it possible to bounce emails
with more than say 75% quotations?

--=20