[Tutor] How do I.......(another Tk, list question)

andy surany mongo57a@comcast.net
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:04:58 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_+tutBRNWyPp4VNnkNMY+mQ)

Hi all!

I have built a scrolled list which I am populating from a remote database. I have also written functions to add/update/delete elements of the database based on list selections.

Now I would like to reflect the results of those change functions in the displayed list. Seems to me I have 2 choices: 1 is to re-execute the query and re-populate the box; the other is to handle the individual elements of the list (I have the location and value of each selected list element). If I do not re-execute the query, are there extensions to Listbox which would allow me to add/delete elements?

I tried just "re-calling" the routine that did the query and built the box. It worked - but gave me a whole new ScrolledList (so there are 2 on the display.....). Am I on the right track with this?

Your comments are appreciated.
TIA

--Boundary_(ID_+tutBRNWyPp4VNnkNMY+mQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Hi all!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I have built a scrolled list which I am populating from a
remote database. I have also written functions to add/update/delete elements of
the database based on list selections.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Now I would like to reflect the results&nbsp;of those change
functions in the displayed list. Seems to me I have 2 choices: 1 is to
re-execute the query and re-populate the box; the other is to handle the
individual elements of the list (I have the location and value&nbsp;of each
selected list element). If I do not re-execute the query, are there extensions
to Listbox which would allow me to add/delete elements?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I tried just&nbsp;"re-calling" the routine that did the query
and built the box. It worked - but gave me a whole new ScrolledList (so there
are 2 on the display.....). Am I on the right track with this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Your comments are appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>TIA</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_+tutBRNWyPp4VNnkNMY+mQ)--