[Tutor] import povray

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Sat Nov 30 13:02:01 2002

> where do I find the PYTHONPATH env variable?

In your environment.
Where that lives deopends on your OS and how you see it depends
on your shell.

> I was thinking, $ set env PYTHONPATH .:/home/xyz/pov/povray-3.5

Looks like a *nix OS so try typing env to see the environment vars.

To set the variable you need to edit your .profile file or
your .login file depending on the shell...

In csh and derivatives its

$ setenv PYTHONPATH  .:/home/xyz/pov/povray-3.5

In Bourne shell derivatives you need something like

$ export PYTHONPATH=.:/home/xyz/pov/povray-3.5

> However I don't know where the variable is
> stored or how to check it before and after.
> BTW $env  does not show the variable.

That means it's not set yet.

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site