[Tutor] "Hidden" stmpd module with Python 2.1?

Kalle Svensson kalle@lysator.liu.se
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:55:12 +0200

[Scot Stevenson about smtpd.py lacking docs]
> Now before I mail Mr. Warsaw and make a fool out of myself: Is there
> something special about "hidden" modules I missed out on?

Nope, but the missing docs for smtpd.py is a known bug:
http://python.org/sf/450803

If you have the time, I'm sure some contributed documentation would be
appreciated.

> Y, Scot
> Who has become interested in SMTP since sendmail lost some mail yesterday

As an aside, I think you'd be better off by using a well tested SMTP
daemon with a large user base than rolling your own.  I use Postfix,
and I'm happy with it.  Many use sendmail, though, and I'd be a bit
surprised if the lost mail was really caused by a sendmail bug.

Peace,
  Kalle
--
Kalle Svensson, http://www.juckapan.org/~kalle/
Student, root and saint in the Church of Emacs.