[Tutor] "Hidden" stmpd module with Python 2.1?

Scot Stevenson scot@possum.in-berlin.de
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:54:38 +0200

Hi there,

I was browsing the code in the /usr/lib/python2.1 (as one does on a sunny
afternoon) and found a module called "smtpd.py" which claims it is "An RFC
821 smtp proxy" from one Barry Warsaw <barry@digicool.com>. However, there
is no word of this module in the docs. I've checked and the same is true
of Python 2.2: The code is there (and can at least be imported), but no
docs.

Now before I mail Mr. Warsaw and make a fool out of myself: Is there
something special about "hidden" modules I missed out on?

Y, Scot
Who has become interested in SMTP since sendmail lost some mail yesterday