[Tutor] Application Error

shendric@arches.uga.edu shendric@arches.uga.edu
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:55:02 -0500

Hi all,

I apologize if you get this twice, my email went a little haywire, so
I'm resending.

I also apologize for the faux pas about Tkinter.  I suppose what I meant
was that most of what I've seen on this list doesn't involve GUI
programming.

Anyway, as suggested, I'm posting the code for this.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated:

"""
QTMod.py

Sean Hendricks, based on Kazuaki Maeda
Requires QuickTimeTcl (http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/qt/)
It also calls for a movie file, which I didn't include, so you might
want to comment out the lines referring to the function loadmov, if you
decide to run the program.
"""

from Tkinter import *
try:
    import Pmw
except ImportError:
    print "No Pmw available"
    Pmw = None

class QuickTime(Widget):
    """ Class definition for QuickTimeTcl widget """

    def __init__(self, master=None):
        master.tk.eval('package require QuickTimeTcl')
	Widget.__init__(self, master, 'movie')
    def play(self):
	self.tk.call(self._w, 'play')
    def stop(self):
	self.tk.call(self._w, 'stop')
    def gettime(self):
        return self.tk.call(self._w, 'gettime')
    def loadmov(self):
	  return self.tk.call(self._w, 'configure', '-file',
'HazenIrreg21PDTest.mov')
    # end of class definition for QuickTime

if __name__ == "__main__":
	root = Tk()
	root.tk.eval('package require QuickTimeTcl')
	a = QuickTime(root)
	a.pack()
	a.loadmov()
	root.mainloop()