[Tutor] lost

Karthik Gurumurthy karthikg@aztec.soft.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:30:24 +0530

> I will gladly post the code if you still want me to after reading this
article:

> http://www.WebmasterBase.com/article/595/25

> The above deep link is actually not the BEGINNING of the tutorial, but
> if you click back to the beginning you'll see it focuses on an intro to
> XSLT theory and how you can use it with PHP.  So it's not really
> relevant for this audience.  But the point in the tutorial that I've
> linked to is where the XSLT-tutorial starts, and this isn't specific to
> any language (except XSLT), so it's good for Python users too.

> I'm on my way to work but if people want me to post a bit more detail on
> how XSLT is used from Python, from "Python & XML" I will -- but really,
> the above tutorial does a fine job of explainining the basics of XSLT
> and the book simply goes a few steps further with some good examples
> (several pages in fact).  The difference is that the SitePoint tutorial
> focuses on using a browser's built-in XSLT processor and the Python book
> explains how to use an external [pre]processor called 4XSLT
> (http://fourthought.com/).

erik thanks for the link. Actually i have used xslt along with java in my
projects.
I was wondering how to use it with python libraries. But have not been able
to figure it out.
Am not sure what python-xml SIG thinks about JAXP from Sun which tries to
hide
different parser implementation so that the code becomes portable across
parsers.

So i looked for similar names in the PyXML src :-( to make some sense out of
it.
I know it might sound stupid but the documentation is'nt helpful.
There is no proper documentation for xslt stuff.
Hope they will provide one soon.

...karthik.