[Tutor] Re: Curious newbie

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:15:45 -0500

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 02:28:31PM +0100, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

| Actually it might be good for python to have a direct=20
| equivalent - a runtime only distribution without the docs=20
| and .py sources just the interpreter, compiled libraries=20
| etc. It would probably only be about 2-3M or so in size...

Don't we already have that?

    Package: python2.2
    Installed-Size: 6204

    Package: python2.2-doc
    Installed-Size: 10372

    Package: python2.2-dev
    Installed-Size: 2356

In fact, each major non-standard library (and tkinter also) is
available separately ...

Oh, wait a minute, you were talking about Microsoft again, weren't
you?

/me ducks

:-)

-D

--=20
The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall
and control the system.  We'll ignore the fact that this tampering with
the firewall is not logged, and more importantly, that the firewall
isn't restored when the clowns from Redmond are done with their job.
                                                            -- bugtraq
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP