[Tutor] Re: ODBC problem

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 07:59:34 -0500

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 02:00:59PM +0300, Adi Clepcea wrote:
|=20
| I have a simple code that runs just fine when is not in an cgi.
| The code uses the odbc module to retrieve data from a database.
|=20
| However, when in a cgi, the code gives me the following error:
|=20
| 'dbi.operation-error', '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name=
 not found and no default driver specified in LOGIN'
|=20
| the code is:
|=20
| "o=3Dodbc.odbc('Agenda/user/password')
|  cur=3Do.cursor()"

Where did you define the data source?  I think you'll want it in the
"system" tab of the control panel gui.  If it is in the "user" tab,
then only the user that created it can access it (I think).

(assuming you're using Windows as the OS on which the script is run)

-D

--=20
=20
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from
being polluted by the world.
        James 1:27
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/