[Tutor] Python+CGI+MySQL performance

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:47:53 -0600

At 04:53 PM 1/26/2002 -0500, Pijus Virketis wrote:
> > Well, why do you not look at Zope? It has a server and therefore keeps
> > Python and the DB connections in memory. It also does much of the hard
>work
> > for you, such as cookie and HTTP variables handling.
>
>I've always wondered about this: where does Zope live? Is it a CGI script,
>which I can install myself, or does my ISP have to install it? How does it
>interact with Apache, or whatever is serving the pages?

Well, Zope has its own HTTPServer or you can use PCGI tunneling or simple
URL forwarding with Apache. There is no need for root permission to run
Zope. You can start it on any port you like.

The easiest thing is to try it out on your machine. Get the binary install
from www.zope.org and you should be going in 15 mins. If you have troubles,
make a post on zope@zope.org.

Regards,
Stephan