[Tutor] Python+CGI+MySQL performance

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:18:10 -0500

Zope is the web server.  It can be configured to run "behind" Apache, but it
is a full blown http server written in Python.  The beauty of Zope is that it is
designed to collect bits and pieces of information and assemble them into a
web page.  These pieces of information can be stored in Zope's object database,
retrieved from an SQL server, or retrieved by your own scripts.  Because of the
scripting involved, information can be computed or generated from the inputs.

Now that Zope books are available to explain the processing, I expect it to become
more widely used.