[Tutor] Python implementation of Unix tools

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:40:06 +0100

On  0, Prahlad Vaidyanathan <slime@vsnl.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a similar project under Python. The reason I
> ask is that, I often find myself on *nix systems lacking in some basic
> tool, which I have taken for granted, and can't do without. Hence,
> instead of having to download the package off the net (not always
> possible) and go through 'make', I could use a little python tool which
> does the job (or, at least most of it).
>
> I could use the perl implementations, but I would love it if it were in
> python. Any pointers ?

I don't see the use of this at all. If there is a Perl implementation, why
is a Python implementation so useful?

Far too much open source software is duplicated, several mediocre
implementations in several different languages, it's a waste.

--
Remco Gerlich