[Tutor] odd bodkins and novel emissions

Andy W toodles@yifan.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:42:16 +0800

Hiya

> And AFTER the above run, this is what is STILL in the pending file:
>

>   ns# list ./lists/pending
>   Listing of file ./lists/pending in
> directory:/www/www.howlermonkey.net/cgi-bin
>
>   quit idiot1@netzero.net testlist3 1010514864

At the moment I'm looking at this block:

####
if thecommand =="quit":
   print "command='quit'!   Listname=", listname
   membernow=[]
   membernow=readmembers(listname)		# read the specified list into members,
   print "Listing members of "+listname+" follows:"
   print "-----------------------------------"
   for X in membernow:
      print "Member= '"+x+"'"
   print "-----------------------------------"
###

Maybe there's 2 errors, or maybe I'm crazy. Maybe both.

For the first, "They are already not a member! Aborting!", I'd say Danny's
guess sounds about right. But this wouldn't explain why the "quit" pending
is still there would it? Or would it? Ack it's too early. If I'm not
mistaken, the only way the pendings get cleared is whenl writependings() is
called. But in the above code block, there's a lack of writependings() going
on. In the handling of the "join" command, there is as follows:

###
for x in members:
   print "members="+x
   writependings(subject, pendings) # write the pendings to the file MINUS
the one specified.
###

Should this be mirrored in the handling of quit? Or am I totally off the
mark?

HTH,
Andy