[Tutor] My two cents worth re Python Newbies

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:09:57 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Daniel Yoo wrote:

> And that's one way to handle new people: toss them out the door with a
> pointer to the FAQ.  Not to say that reading FAQ's isn't useful, but
> it can be a little rough at first.

Right. There are those for whom the words in the FAQ are Greek. This is a
home for them. I have learned a lot by helping others, which is why I've
stayed with it. I've sometimes tossed off a solution to see someone else
post something better. ::shrug::

> Let's make people feel at ease when they're asking questions.  Of
> course, we should encourage people to use the FAQ and search for
> resources, but I think it don't hurt to also give them something to
> look at.

Exactly.

--
_Deirdre              deirdre@deirdre.net         http://www.deirdre.net