[Tutor] Help on Ptyhon graphic environment installation

Jason Oppel jason@oppel.net
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

Actually you already have a quite nice graphical IDE which you got bundled
with Python 2.1 called IDLE.  It should be in your 'Python 2.1' folder
(unless you called it something else when it was installing).  IDLE starts
up at the old familiar python shell but yor can create new modules, open
existing ones etc.  IDLE has some nice features like syntax highlighting
and auto-indentation.  Play around with it a bit!  Danny Yoo recently
wrote an introduction to Python using IDLE at:

http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

It should give you a good start!

-Jason <Pato>