[Tutor] Elegance vs short-term expediency

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Tommy Butler wrote:

> > I try to champion Python within our company whenever I'm given the >
> chance, but there are times when it is just plain easier to use Perl
> for a > given task. Here is an example of how I chose Perl over Python
> for a task > I've just spent several hours finishing :
>
> Maybe the bit about "several hours" you just mentioned should tell you
> something about why you should have used python instead.

The guys at Digital Creations are developing the PyPerl module, which lets
us create the unholy combination of Perl and Python... *grin*

    ftp://ftp.activestate.com/Zope-Perl/

That is, if there's a module in Perl that seems really neat, then,
technically, nothing stops us from pulling it into Python.  I haven't
played too extensively with it yet, but it seems like a great module to
try out.