[Tutor] You're gridded for life.

Jean Montambeault jrm@videotron.ca
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:34:23 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: <alan.gauld@bt.com>

> As I pointed out in my earlier post the grid() method
> returns None

Sorry, I guess that I did not understand all the implications of what you
said back then. Somebody like me, with no prior computer science education,
doesn't simply "read" docs : I have to litterally plow through it, trying to
comprehend whatever is fortunately in my grasp but mostly trying to remember
dozens of concepts that are still gibberish because they haven't been
properly introduced yet with the hope that it will all make sense when I'll
know more. After just a few introductory tutorials like yours, "Thinking
like a computer scientist" and other good ones my shell is still quite soft
and I'll need quite a lot of coding experience to avoid such obvious
mistakes.
    I'm not worried though : as a cabinetmaker of years I've seen too many
bright young persons land fresh from their three years college education
(here we have college before university) who, to their surprise, have quite
a few years to go before being able to calmly cruise through the trade like
old wolves like me are doing.
    I'll do better next time.

P.S. Thanks for returning my cat, although shaving him to look like a lion
was a bad joke.

;)

Jean M.