[Tutor] newbie problems with running scripts

Richard Chamberlain richard_chamberlain@ntlworld.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 08:56:01 +0100

Hi Andre,

Firstly you should import with the extension so it should be:

import myfile

Secondly you might find that python cannot find your file. The reason is
that python looks in certain directories. There are two ways for you to
get round this. The easiest way for you is to use import on one of the
pythonwin menus. The other way is to do this at the interactive shell:

import sys
print sys.path

That should give you a list of locations python is looking in.

sys.path.append('c:\\location\\to\\your\\file')

should enable you to type just:

import myfile

Richard