[Tutor] newbie problems with running scripts

Andre Quintos andreq@mindgate.net
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 15:25:20 +0800

Hi.

I biought this book from O'reilly called Learning Python and am following
all their excercises. So I went to the python.org site and downloaded
everything I needed (I use a Win2K system).

I have installed the python 1.5.2 and pythonwin. I use these programs with
the excercises in the book.

While in pythonwin, I create the file called myfile.py which contains the
following:

title = "The Meaning of Life"

The book then tells me to do this:

>>>import myfile.py
>>>print myfile.title

When I do the first statement I get this error in pythonwin:

Traceback (innermost last):
ImportError: No module named py

What could be the problem here? Is it a problem with the installation of the
programs or the problem with the code? Or is there something I should do to
make python and pythonwin work properly in win2k?

Thanks for the help (in advance)

Andre

those who believe in free will make the best puppets of all.
 -- Lucifer #3