[Tutor] help?

webby armstrong sifl-olly@usa.net
10 Aug 99 21:34:39 EDT

hello there,
I would like to start learning computer programming
and understand that python is the easiest to start with.
I have downloaded python 1.5.2 , but I cannot figue how
to get going or to install it (if nessasary)  I am using
windows 98 for the time being.  when I try to run a
 program like Deirdre kniting thing, and not thing came up
accept a winzip box say that the file cannot be unzipped?
am I too far ahead of myself, (or besides it for that matter)?
the last time I ever written any kind of program was about
15 years ago on a commadore 64 (I was ten then)
Jymbo