[TriPython] January speaker cancellation and status of tripython.org

Jeff Trawick trawick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 16:36:55 EST 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 3:56 PM Calloway, Chris <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Yes, January 23, sorry. It is correct on meetup.com
>
> I would be most happy for you to speak.
>
> If you would please, reply with your talk title, brief description, and
> brief bio for the announcement.

Jeff Trawick will present “Integrating a database migration framework into
your project”

The talk will cover key considerations for replacing a bespoke or
completely manual process for handling database migrations with a new
process built around Alembic or Django migrations.  Jeff will also show a
few specific tricks he has collected for Alembic to support his current
project. The talk will not replace the Alembic or Django tutorials.

Jeff has been learning and enjoying Python for about eight years, using it
to develop web applications, web scrapers, and other software.  He had
earlier mini-careers working on networking software for IBM mainframes and
as a major contributor to Apache HTTP Server while working for IBM, Sun,
Oracle, and as a consultant.  He is employed by American Efficient, an
energy-related company in Durham.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/