[TriPython] PSF Meetup Pro Network

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Mon Aug 26 16:46:53 EDT 2019

I have joined us to the Python Software Foundation's Meetup Pro Network:

https://www.meetup.com/pro/python-software-foundation-meetups

This means a few of things:

  1.  It connects our group to a larger network of PSF user groups, hopefully making us easier to find. The PSF requested we join this network.
  2.  The PSF will now be picking up our $200/yr tab for our meetup subscription. They have asked if they could do that before but I resisted telling them that I'd rather we give money to the PSF than take money. However, the PSF recently budgeted so much money for their Meetup Pro subscription that it felt silly not to take them up on the offer.
  3.  Our meetup subscription will never lapse like it did ten years ago when my credit card on file expired while I was on vacation and didn't see the notices (they only gave me two weeks to respond).
  4.  If anybody else were needed to take over managing out meetup.com presence, there would be no financial obstacle to doing so.

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute