[TriPython] Python training for development staff

Bryan Fogleman bryan.fogleman at gmail.com
Mon May 1 13:09:55 EDT 2017

Hello,

PyCon:
     https://us.pycon.org/2017/schedule/tutorials/

If I recall correctly, Chris Calloway used to do the Python Boot Camps
at PyCon and I thought some occasional commercial options (possibly with
Joel)...  Maybe Chris would consider such?

SixFeetUp used to do Python training but they might have moved on to be
web focused or Plone/Django focused.  You could check with Calvin.
http://www.sixfeetup.com/support/trainings
Appears that they might refer Python to this group:
https://www.elevenfifty.org/courses/#1490033782370-c58d8e58-ae95

A single on site course...  Given the description your wrote about your
team, I wonder if that is enough or some online resource/mentoring would
be helpful.  For Example: Google search pops up this ad which offers
several courses and a bootcamp.
http://www.thetrainingadvisors.com/training/programming/python?gclid=COH_-aOQz9MCFdxWDQodmg8BHw

I've been told that this company is a really good resource for online
coding skills but do not have any first hand knowledge.
https://teamtreehouse.com/

I understand that UDacity is having success in bringing people up to
valued skills levels that are actually specified by a company's desired
skills criteria.
https://www.udacity.com/

FYI:
Talked to a professor out of Michigan a couple of months ago who teaches
Python via Coursera.  They have about 1.5 million registered students
but the actual completion rate is staggeringly low.  Think that is
fairly common scenario in "online" moocs as totally different kind of
discipline.

Good luck!
Would you mind posting back to the group what option you select and your
"feedback" on how it went?

Cheers

Bryan