[TriPython] TriPython December 2016 Meeting: Deploying Serverless WSGI Apps with Zapp

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Nov 28 14:37:26 EST 2016

Big news. We are consolidating our Durham meeting locations into one:
Caktus Group. Both the third Monday project nights and our trimonthly
Durham featured speaker meetings will now be in the same place. This
will make explaining our meeting locations and times much simpler.
Thanks, Caktus!

http://tripython.org/Members/cbc/dec-16-mtg/

When: Thursday, December 15, 7pm
Where: Caktus Group, 108 Morris St., Durham
What: Brian Elliott Jinwright says, "Ok I lied there are servers, but
you (the developer) don't have to manage them. By using a combination of
AWS services like Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFront, and Route53 you can
deploy globally scalable WSGI apps. In addition, to replacing WSGI app
servers, you can also use Zappa and Lambda to replace most Celery
tasks." Brian is a Senior Software Engineer at MetaMetrics in Durham.
Most of his time is spent working on education tools that help match
students with appropriate text for their reading level and just beyond.
Recently, Brian has taken on a new role exploring options to reduce
server costs and deployment turn around times. He is a core committer
for the Zappa project. Extemporaneous "lightning talks" of 5-10 minute
duration are also welcome and don't need to be pre-announced. This will
be our first monthly meeting at our Durham location, the same place
we've been meeting for Durham project nights for a few years now, Caktus
Group. Park in the municipal deck on the other side of the Arts Council
across W. Morgan St. The meeting will be followed by our usual
after-meeting at a nearby tavern for food and beverage. Come join us for
a fun and informative evening.

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517