[TriPython] Fun (?) with stacktraces

Jeff Trawick trawick at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:14:49 EST 2016

Here's the gist of my lightning talk last night, without the technical
glitches:

1. https://github.com/trawick/stacktraces.py

(pip installable from github)

generic representation of process/thread/stackframe mostly for the purpose
of holding data on stacktraces

a. collect.py script to use gdb or Solaris pstack to get juicy stuff out of
a process or core file

b.describe_python_log.py to get Python exceptions out of a log file

$ ./describe_python_log.py  ~/edjective.log
$ ./describe_python_log.py  --format json ~/edjective.log --include-raw
$ ./describe_python_log.py  --format json ~/edjective.log
--include-raw > importme.json

2. stacktraces.io

place to store stacktraces and notes, perhaps for no good reason at the
moment ;)

can import from the kind of file created with describe_python_log.py in
example above

if you want to play, send me an e-mail and tell me what Github id with
which you already logged into the site so I can increase your quota from
zero

--/--

feel free to send hints like "if I could do use it to do X, it would be
cool", where X has something to do with stacktraces :)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/