[TriPython] FOSS4G NA conference in Raleigh (May 2-5)

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Apr 1 10:51:53 EDT 2016

On 4/1/16 10:12 AM, Andrea Ross wrote:
>     I don't think I need to mention on this list that Python is a very
>     powerful & useful tool for processing spatial data, doing analysis on that
>     data, and to support the other technologies that are commonly used for
>     processing and visualizing spatial data.

Thanks, Andrea. This is perfectly on topic. Many Python FOSS GIS tools
are discussed at FOSS4G. It's a conference I've wanted to go to for at
least 10 years. I'll may be able to go if I can get one of the limited
availability "non-corporate" passes.

Past FOSS4G events have had specific Python tracks and tutorials. My
friend at MapBox, Sean Gillies, has extolled the virtues of Python at
FOSS4G. Are there any Python tracks or tutorials planned for this FOSS4G?

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517