[TriPython] FOSS4G NA conference in Raleigh (May 2-5)

Andrea Ross andrea.ross at eclipse.org
Fri Apr 1 10:12:18 EDT 2016

Dear Everyone,

I apologize if this post is off-topic for this list. Feel free to let me
know.

This email is to inform you about a conference taking place May 2-5 at
the Raleigh Convention Center called FOSS4G North America 2016
<https://2016.foss4g-na.org>. This conference features many leading open
source and open data initiatives that relate to spatial data (data aware
of place).

FOSS4G NA is a collaborative conference organized jointly by OSGeo
<http://osgeo.org> and LocationTech <http://locationtech.org>. FOSS4G
stands for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial, and this annual
North American conference is the pre-eminent conference for developers
working with geospatial technologies.

This year’s conference schedule
<https://2016.foss4g-na.org/conference/schedule/session/2016-05-02> is
full of technical sessions, BoFs, code sprints, poster sessions, etc. -
and covers a wide breadth of topics of interest.

I don't think I need to mention on this list that Python is a very
powerful & useful tool for processing spatial data, doing analysis on
that data, and to support the other technologies that are commonly used
for processing and visualizing spatial data.

For any people who are interested in this conference, we would like to
offer you a $100 discount off the 4-day All Access Pass. All you have to
do is use the discount code LOCAL when registering here
<https://2016.foss4g-na.org/registration>

Kind regards,

Andrea